Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Emerald Shiner and a perch

 Had a good day on the La Salle today! Managed a few eater walleyes, the first I've kept since spring, a new species and a number of other species, including a first for the La Salle for me.


First up is the new specie, an emerald shiner by my calculations and observations. If anyone knows better please let me know in the comments section.


 Also caught my first perch in the La Salle. Although this specie is listed for the river, I had never caught one here on a fly or otherwise.



2 comments:

  1. Missed you the one day you were there. I've been almost exclusively dry fly fishing there catching crappie and the occasional rock bass or goldeye.
    Yesterday I saw a caterpillar crossing the road so I tied on a dry woolly worm. Got hit after hit; rock bass in the riffle! Some went airborne they hit the worm so hard!
    No perch though - that's new!
    C. Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually caught several decent walleyes from 2 to 4 lbs on leech patterns. Also some larger rockies and crappies; usually on a small dropper. Hard to beat dry fly action though for pure fun. Might see you there next week.

    Harry

    ReplyDelete