Pages

Thursday 26 May 2016

2 wt. fun...



How did I forget about the blast I had fishing my little 2 wt last year? Maybe a case of "out of sight...out of mind" since it had slowly slipped to the back of my rod box. On what was my second trip to my favorite river I threw in the rod as an afterthought and boy, was I glad I did. Conditions were perfect and the low water kept the meat fishermen in their vehicles. A few slowed to watch the action but during those times there was nothing happening. Strange. As soon as they pulled away the rod dipped and the fight was on again. I caught about 20 walleye/sauger, a number of pike, a 25" carp, a few suckers and a nice 10.25" rock bass.




Four of the walleyes hit the ice in the cooler but will be warmed up again in the fry pan tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment