Pages

Wednesday 28 April 2021

No news can be bad news

 

It happened again on my home river. That dreaded event...a winter-kill. After a year in which a back injury limited my fishing to spring/early summer, I’m again faced with an uncertain fishing future. The jury is still out on the extent or the reason for the kill-off but chances are the quality of any local fishing will be severely affected.

There is little to do now other than wait for the May 15th opening of the general fishing season to see what spring delivers. Given my present interest in ultralight fly fishing ( I own 6 rods in the 1wt to 3wt range), it wouldn’t take much to keep me happy. If that doesn’t pan out, a full dive into microfishing with a fly rod may be another way to stay local. The days where I’ll consistently drive 3 or 4 hours for a days fishing are far behind me.

Stay tuned, I did see a small fish jump out of the water right at my back yard. It might have been a little goldeye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment