Pages

Monday 10 August 2015

Bluegill...a special fish for Manitoba





Went to my favorite river today for some much needed fly fishing time. The dog days usually have me elsewhere and my fishing ends up taking a hit. I loaded up the 2 wt., the theory being to look for some large rock bass but this was one theory that was totally rejected by the river. I had a good warm water day with 6 species caught, including that beautiful little bluegill. Species caught were goldeye, drum, walleye, sauger, crappie and of course bluegill.
Missing from the action were any rock bass...my targeted fish. Despite taking a long look at that walleye, all fish were released. For those not familiar with Manitoba fish, blue gills are at the far northern extent of their range here and only two bodies of water contain them.

No comments:

Post a Comment