Pages

Friday 14 August 2015

Rockies and kitties on the 2 wt



Went searching for rock bass again today with the 2 wt and managed a few but a lot less than just a few years ago. The meat fishermen have found this location and what was once a phenomenal fishing resource for the catch and release crowd has become just another place to fill up the pail with whatever hits the pickerel rig. I caught a few other species too; some sauger, walleye, carp, pike, drum and channel cat. It was this last species that again caught me unaware. Fishing with a #12 soft hackle, I got a solid hit and about 15 to 20 minutes (more or less) later landed a 28" channel cat. That poor kittie was exhausted and it took a number of minutes to revive her but she eventually gave a strong kick of her tail and swam away. I don't like catching big fish on tiny rods due to the mortality potential but must admit I was grinning after I landed this fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment